Thursday, August 29, 2013

The purpose of all this.

I was thinking for a long time what I want from this blog.... I used to have a diary when I was a teenager, where I'd write and draw everything what was on my mind, trying to understand myself and things that were happening around me. I guess now, I just want to share everything I go through after I had my son.
It's a well known fact that having kids change your life significantly, but for some (in fact for most people) these changes don't bring that much trouble. I, on the other hand, is a great example of otherwise! My son is 3.5 years old, very active, stubborn and independent in all the wrong areas boy:). Ever since he was born had problems with sleep. First he had terrible colic, than he had troubles breathing through the nose due to his enlarged adenoids, he also was sick a lot. After the adenoidectomy it finally started to get better, but then came nightmares and colic...again.... So I didn't have a good night sleep for 3.5 years. It's amazing what changes does sleep deprivation to your body and mind, and also to your married life! A few weeks ago my doctor (after seeing me numeral times for various problems ) suggested it was time for either therapy or zoloft, because none of my physical problem had a physical source. I was literally going mental...
You would think what was the big deal, just go sleep and you'd feel better. Actually when your nights have been as screwed up as mine, it's not easy just to lay down in your bed and fall asleep. Seems like your body and mind just forget how to do it, and without a good sleep they also forget how to function normally. So I decided I write about me trying to turn things around without drugs and therapy. Maybe it will not only help me but it also will help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment